ISO 29990:2010 (Learning services for non-formal education and training - Basic requirements for service providers) is a international standard to enhance transparency and allow comparison on a worldwide basis of learning services, providing a single substitute backed by international consent to the huge range of national service and management standards which now exists in the field of non-formal learning.
ISO 29990:2010 is the first standard developed by ISO technical committee ISO/TC 232, Learning services for non-formal education and training
Non-Formal education and training-providers shall consider the effectiveness of training through well recognizing of their customers’ expectations and this requires them to be more interacting with their customers and also their delegates. While understanding and designing the training services to meet their customers’ expectations, they also need to evaluate, monitor and improve their competency to deliver a high quality services by regularly measuring the effectiveness of their customers.
ISO 29990 is basically subdivided into two areas: learning services and management at the learning service provider. This Standard is the first Standard for learning providers that is valid and applied on an international level.
The importance of education and training has increased considerably over recent years – and the number of service providers in this area has also grown. QCL is now helping & offering certification according to ISO 29990:2010, which will help you, demonstrate the quality of your services and stand out from the crowd. ISO 29990 is a quality management system standard for education and training which concentrates on learning and improvement of the learning process. The standard is of interest to teachers and students and all those who are interested in successful education and training. This new standard differs from its predecessors in the sector because it applies internationally.
Benefits for service providers
- Successful certification provides proof of quality
- Greater success when tendering for work from official bodies
- Better starting position for approval
- International marketability
- Process optimization (P-D-C-A)
- Clearly defined and documented processes
- Development of internal quality capability
- Motivation and active staff participation in the change processes
Benefits for learners
- Transparency/comparability of services on offer
- Transparency/comparability across national borders
- Reliability of training courses on offer
- Information on evaluation criteria for courses
- Optimized processes
- Improved learning environment
- Assured resources, including trainers, with suitable competence
Benefits for international cooperation
- Common quality basis through unified standards/common understanding of quality
- No distortion of the competitive market
- International comparable benchmarks for development of quality
- Basis for development of further specific requirements for international cooperation in the area of Education andtraining
Would you like to find out more about certification according to ISO 29990? Then please contact us on the telephone number alongside this article or by email. We are looking forward to hearing from you.